This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

All I get is a BLACK screen

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

so I got home from work last night, turned on my Sony VAIO laptop and it did not work. It would go to the screen that said VAIO but then when it would try to go to windows I would get a black screen with a curson that blinked about 3 times, and then just a black screen. All the lights were flashing like they were supposed to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
What lights are flashing like they are supposed to? Have you seen anything else besides the VAIO screen and the flashing cursor? What kind of time frame are we talking about on these various events? Right after the sony VAIO screen comes up start repeatedly pressing F8 quickly. See if a windows startup menu shows up. If so, try choosing "Last Known Good Configuration," or "Enable VGA mode."
when I press f8 nothing happens…im just gonna take it in to get looked at…i dont have the patience at the moment haha thanks though

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI