Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

outlook express 2003 malfunctioning

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Abbs

Abbs

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

Outlook shut itself down and since than I can no longer receive any emails or delete ones I already have. I have tried the inbox repair tool without any luck. I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks, Abby

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:14 AM

The inbox repair tool is for Outlook. You indicated you are running Outlook Express - a completely different program.

Your problem is most likely caused by a corrupted .DBX file which holds the individual mail folders such as inbox, outbox, sent items, deleted items, etc. You will have to narrow down which one it is, but is most likely the inbox that is bad. There is no solution other than to re-create a new one. Unless you have a backup.

You may also have let your .DBX file grow larger than 2GB which will cause it to fail.

You can check here for futher troubleshooting steps that should get you on the right track: http://support.micro....com/kb/2398839

Information about Outlook Express .DBX files: http://www.insideoe....files/store.htm

Edited by appleoddity, 05 September 2011 - 12:16 AM.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 Abbs

Abbs

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

Ok, I looked at my email again and it in fact it's just regular outlook not express. Do you have any suggestions to help me fix this? (and yes in case you were wondering I am blonde) :smack:

#4 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:17 AM

In the case of Outlook, all of your data is stored in a single .PST file. If that file becomes corrupt you may experience these problems. As with Outlook Express, you will probably have to re-create your .PST file and import whatever data you can from the old file. If the .PST file is corrupt it can be repaired with the inbox repair tool that you mentioned. Or, again, your .PST file may be too large. What was your experience with the inbox repair tool? Have you checked the size of your .PST file? Are you sure this is Outlook 2003? Who is your e-mail provider? Or, what is the portion of your e-mail address after the @ sign? (do not supply your entire e-mail address in this forum)

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#5 Abbs

Abbs

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

when I tried to use the inbox repair tool it said that the file was not valid. Yes I am sure it is outlook 2003 I use att for internet and no, I have not checked the size of the pst file.

#6 Abbs

Abbs

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

I figured out how to use the inbox repair tool properly and it solved my problem. Thank you for helping me out. :D Abby

#7 waker477

waker477

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

hello,
data loss or corruption of files is always unbearable by the computer user if the are not having the backups for there data. But, nowadays there are various types’ of recovery and repair software, to repair all your corrupted files within couple of minutes like repair outlook on windows 7, 2003, vista, XP. To get trial version of this tool click.

The live links in this SPAM attempt have been Disabled

Members joining for the purpose of posting SPAM will have their posted content Removed and their Membership will be Removed or Banned

Edited by Doug, 16 March 2012 - 08:41 AM.
Disable SPAM links & Post Warning

#8 suflingreen

suflingreen

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

The inbox repair tool is for Outlook. You indicated you are running Outlook Express - a completely different program.

Your problem is most likely caused by a corrupted .DBX file which holds the individual mail folders such as inbox, outbox, sent items, deleted items, etc. You will have to narrow down which one it is, but is most likely the inbox that is bad. There is no solution other than to re-create a new one. Unless you have a backup.

You may also have let your .DBX file grow larger than 2GB which will cause it to fail.

You can check here for futher troubleshooting steps that should get you on the right track: http://support.micro....com/kb/2398839

Information about Outlook Express .DBX files: http://www.insideoe....files/store.htm

Really Microsoft has provided good tool to fix problems of Outlook. I follow its steps and solved the problems regarding Outlook Files. REMOVED Link of the Inbox Repair Tool works and scans whole PST files and fix my Outlook malfunction issue easily. If you are facing such kind of problem then you can also check it.

This user,from the Saltlake, Kolkata-91 area of India, linked to a "freeware" solution (also apparently hosted from India) which purportedly automates the use of tools already available via Microsoft which were already successfully offered above by Appleoddity.
The "freeware" also puts you on a mailing list and "privacy policy" lists that your email address will be shared with third-parties. Not acceptable!

Banned

#9 Lindabrilance

Lindabrilance

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

Hello there,
To accomplish PST file recovery there are number of tools available in market but get the correct one is hard :( so there better to save your PST file from corruption like to use back ups, antivirus etc 8) corrupted outlook PST file recovery needs to be done with expert tools so better to download the trail version of the software so that recovery can be made easily.

Regards
Linda

#10 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Lindabrilance brings us another attempt to coax readers to download and install a $140.00 third-party program which does nothing better than the free MS tool recommended above. Content of Links have been removed and Member is Banned. This topic is CLOSED.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.