When I disable Windows Firewall, the Security Center does not alert me that I don't have a firewall enabled. It instead tells me that another firewall I have previously uninstalled is activated.
Screenshot (Note: Windows Firewall is disabled, the firewall that Security Center says is currently ON has been previously uninstalled): [external image: Posted Image]
Also, when Windows firewall is turned on, the Security Center hints that I have two firewalls.
Screenshot: [external image: Posted Image]
It seems that the uninstaller of my previous firewall did not remove the firewall properly. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Please see the suggested link, read, and follow the instructions for "Rebuilding the WMI repository" for WIndows XP and Vista: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairwmi.htm
Restart your computer when finished and see if your problem is resolved.
Please see the suggested link, read, and follow the instructions for "Rebuilding the WMI repository" for WIndows XP and Vista: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairwmi.htm
Restart your computer when finished and see if your problem is resolved.
This worked! Thanks a lot!
So, I take it that it is the Comodo Firewall uninstaller's fault?