This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Please help! [Closed]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I posted the same thing on the Norton community and they sent me here. Please help me.. I suspecting my laptop is infected but I do not know with what. It is glitchy and won't open norton at all so I can scan it. My internet isn't working so I am not on the laptop. The internet has full bars but says it cannot connect. On the details if claims my firewall isn't recognizing it and I need to let it through but I haven't because that seems suspicious. I do not know what to do so please help me :(

:welcome:

 

Not sure whats going on without seeing any logs and not having any info on your operating system.  Your windows Operating System will let us decide what tools we will need to run, so let me know what it is please.  

OK, lets run this scanner and see whats going on

 

 
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
 
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
 
  • Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
  • Ask AI

    AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

    Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI