This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Bookmark Import

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Using win7 ultimate. When I want to import bookmarks from firefox I.E. window gives 3 options. 1.Import from another browser. 2.Import from a file. 3.Export to a file. For reasons unknown it allows me to use choice # 2 and 3 but not One!!! Tried importing from a file made by firefox but I.E. would not handle it because it is in JSON format.Windows does not recognize this. Is there a way I can import the bookmarks from Firefox.It is important for me. Please help.
Which IE and which Firefox are you using?

On my Win 8 Pro X64 the Import from another browser is the default and is selected and Firefox is the only choice on the next page.

You can export the bookmarks as html and import into IE that way. I just tried this with IE9 and FF 6 and it worked.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI