This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

I plugged in a usb into my laptop and it shut off and wont turn back o

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Sorry if this is the wrong section, as you can tell I just joined the forums. I was using a turtle beach headset and i plugged it into the usb port and then it shut off and wont turn back on? It's an asus laptop that was bought about a couple weeks ago thanks

Sorry if this is the wrong section, as you can tell I just joined the forums.

I was using a turtle beach headset and i plugged it into the usb port and then it shut off and wont turn back on?

It's an asus laptop that was bought about a couple weeks ago

thanks

I was using a turtle beach headset and i plugged it into the usb port and then it shut off and wont turn back on?

Question to ask here was it a usb connection or if it was not I am afraid to say it you may have shorted out the motherboard, Consider you said you only bought it a few weeks ago I would contact tech support because you have warranty. Making changes or repairs may void the warranty on the laptop.

Jimbo1
Three quick questions for clarification;
Does the machine start again with the USB device removed?
What is the exact Model/Part Number of the Asus machine?
Does the USB device work in other machines/hardware?
Hi Greg1k1

The selection of Turtle Beach Headsets looks awesome.
I haven't used Turtle Beach products since back in the day, when Dell offered Turtle Beach sound cards.
So I'm glad to see their present day offerings.

In order to be of more help to you, please tell us:

Which Turtle Beach product (Model number) are you using? Wireless, Bluetooth, wired ?

What machine are you connecting it to? (Xbox, personal computer, telephone, etc.)?

Then tell us what steps you used to install any Turtle Beach driver software.

Thanks,

Looking forward to your response.

Doug

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI