This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

USB Drive not recognized

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a Toshiba Satellite L505-S5971 (WIN 7) and all of a sudden when I try to use my USB headsets, I get the message: "USB Drive not recognized." I've tried going into Device Manager and uninstalling the USB controllers and having them reinstalled once I reboot my laptop and it doesn't work. I've tried unplugging it and removing the battery and then plugging them back in and powering on, and that doesn't work either. I've checked for updates and everything is up to date. I tried once again to delete the drivers in Device Manager and unplugging, removing the battery and powering down once again. Once I reconnected my battery and power cord, I plugged back in the USB headset and powered on the laptop, the drivers reinstalled and everything started to work again. When I turned my computer off however, the problem started all over again. Can someone PLEASE tell me what else can I do to fix this permanently?
I've tried that, and it will work. However, when I turn my computer off after I'm done using it, the problem happens once again. How do I keep the solution permanent?
Something does seem out of wack with your system.

Does this problem occur if you boot to Safe Mode with Networking?
Is there any indication your CMOS battery is dead or dying? Time/date messed up?

Failing the above, we will try a PCPitStop Overdrive test which i'll provide full instructions to perform.

Cheers,
Lee
Never tried it in that mode. I tried the previous method you gave me once again and now it works fine. Thank you so much for taking the time out to help me.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI