This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Problems upon start up FAKE RECOVERY SCREEN

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I was following this thread hoping I would come to a solution http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=119111 , But The only difference here is this is my company computer and I have a back up hard drive connected to it for instances such as this. I just checked the back up drive to make sure it was doing its job on my personal computer and it seems to have up to date back up data on it. Well any how I keep getting the "HP Recovery" Screen no matter what options I stress such as rebooting in safe mode and trying everyone of the given menu options. We also had up to date Norton Anti Virus software on the computer, so I was puzzled to see some sort of viral issue. But I'm thinking that's definitely what this is because the screen look so fake. Please Help!!
Hi Devb66,

:welcome:

My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

This doesn't sound like a malware problem. I believe it is more likely a hardware problem.

Can you describe your problem better? (Not "It's like a problem someone else is having")

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI