Hi guys,
New to the forum so please don't yell at me if this post is in the wrong place.
I have a Packard Bell Imedia 3Gb processor, 1Gb ram running on W7. Had this for a few years and it is OK but since putting W7 on I keep getting message that my graphics card is not good enough.
No problem I thought I will get a new one and improve it but, no matter how hard I tried, I could not find out what card I can insert into this PC. I have one that I bought some time ago but it does not fit in the slot.
Can anyone help me with this problem please?
Hiya dj92,
Thats ok to ask the question, to help you with the answer could you please give the make and model of the computer, your missing the rest of the info and need this to get the spec's in order to tell you what kind of slots you may have on the motherboard.
Jimbo1
If you can't find your Packard Bell Imedia model number for Jimbo1, download Speccy to desktop. Make sure you untick both "Include Google Chrome, along with Speccy" and "Make Google Chrome my default browser". during install.
Run Speccy and it will display what Video Card you have installed along with all other hardware.
[attachment removed]
A detailed hardware view is available by clicking on the hardware item in the left panel.
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.
I downloaded Speccy and this is the spec for the card (I hope!).
Monitor
Name hp f1903 on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Current Resolution 1024x768 pixels
Work Resolution 1024x728 pixels
State enabled, primary, output devices support, VgaCompatible
Monitor Width 1024
Monitor Height 768
Monitor BPP 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Frequency 1 Hz
Device \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0
Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Memory type 2
Driver version 6.1.7600.16385
The PC is Packard Bell I-media 1308
UTOW-FRA
S/n 049669320659
P.n PB 34218301.
I hope this gives you an idea what I have and what I can do to upgrade. If you need any other info just ask.
The reason I ask is that since having W7 on the PC I keep getting the message that my graphics card is not up to the required specs for W7 and when I try to play video it does not respond. I am running 'Gom' player for my videos which works perfectly.
I did contact P-Bell and got a reply that they do not recommend any changes to the original specs (BS I think).
Any help you can give me will be very helpful.
Many thanks in advance
i believe the graphics type is agp but without knowing what the motherboard make/model is i can't say for definite.
and to be honest i don't think i'd be rushing out to spend money on a graphics card(agp is obsolete so cost a bit more than a faster pci-e type card) for a machine that's so old when for a bit more money you could buy a new machine that would blow it away performance wise.
If your going to improve anything on that PC so it can run W7 more efficiently, I'd get rid of the 2x512mb sticks of RAM and replace them with 2x1GB sticks of RAM of the same type. If your lucky enough to only have one stick of 1GB RAM installed, there will be an empty RAM slot. Add another stick of 1GB RAM.
But like Terry was (really) saying, I wouldn't spend a cent on it as regardless of possible video improvements, it's hardware was never made for W7 video capabilities.
for a bit more money you could buy a new machine that would blow it away performance wise.
Thanks guys for the input.
I think the short answer is to replace the PC with another one.
Never been very happy with it and will never buy another Packard Bell as the support site is cloaked in secrecy.
Any suggestions as to what might be a decent replacement for a guy on a pension (i.e cheap)?
all you really need is a tower and use the monitor, keyboard,mouse you already have, so i'd do a google search with the amount you can afford, say "2011 $300 desktop pc's" and see what you can find.