This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Sony Vaio Won't Power On

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Having a major problem with my wife's laptop. It is the model PCG-7154L . If I have the computer plugged into the wall the green light is on for the Power icon on the front edge of the computer. Strange thing is, the battery icon is also lit solid. On my Vaio If I turn the computer on with it plugged into the way I get the same green light showing it is receiving 110 volt power, but I have no battery light that is on unless I unplug it. I also have a small light on the front of my computer that is blinking real fast, I suppose this simply means it is working. On my wifes computer I have no light. There is a icon and a symbol, but the light isn't blinking. The screen is just plain black. There is also no light on that tells you the wireless network is on. Also if I hold down on the power button for 20 sec this doesn't change a thing. Normally his would power off the computer, but the green light just stays solid. I really need this computer, if anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks NCH
I have done the unplug, remove battery, hold power button down for 60 sec. Start up by only using the power supply, no battery. Nothing. I get the same green power light, but nothing else. I did notice that with the battery removed when I press the start up button, the battery lights on the front of the computer. Have no idea why it would do this. I appreciate any and all help. Thanks NCH
I must be missing the edit button. Sorry for replying to my own message. I wanted you to know I have to cursor or anything but a jet black screen. I can hear no fan running or the computer functioning at all. I tried starting in safe mode but nothing happens. Thanks
This sounds like a faulty power issue and should be a warranty or a hands-on PC tech. repair job. Messing around with power problems is dangerous and on a laptop very difficult for the home user. Cheers, Lee
I am sorry, forgot to add that I have swapped power supply with my Sony, this isn't a power supply issue. My computer runs great off both power units. But thanks so much for the help. NCH
No other ideas? I believe the mother board is toast. Off to Best Buy, time for a new puter. Thanks for the help, have a good day. NCH

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI