ilovestarbucks
Topic Starter
Hp Pavilion 783 desktop running win XP…about 8-9 years old… Has HP DVD writer (dvd200i) that came factory in it, which I could never get to burn DVDs. will play them and burn cds. Shows up in device manager…shows no conflicts or yellow exclamation points.
Device manager says Driver date: 7-1-2001 version 5.1.2535.0
I went to HP's support website here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar…p;product=81681
I couldn't find any drivers but The 3 things it suggests are below and I did them in order:
The firmware update 1.72 is listed but hangs and wont let me do it.
However I found a version on my PC called HP firmware update program v2.2.1 I probabally downloaded it 6 months ago when I tried to get it to work previously. I clicked it and It tells me to select the drive to update which is listed as hp dvd 200J, 1.72
I select it and it tells me that the firmware I am updating is the same as is currently installed d200_172.bin
Then I tried the software update listed which is for SonicMyDvd. It runs and says it has performed the required operations (MyDVD351_patch.exe released 2002-06-27)
Lastly, I try the utility update there for DVD200 Compatibility Utility (DVD200bitset.exe, Version:1.2.) When I run it it says I have no Hp drives installed. I don't know why it says that when clearly, I do!
The computer has been rebooted as well. What can I do to get this DVD writer to burn DVDs?
Device manager says Driver date: 7-1-2001 version 5.1.2535.0
I went to HP's support website here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar…p;product=81681
I couldn't find any drivers but The 3 things it suggests are below and I did them in order:
The firmware update 1.72 is listed but hangs and wont let me do it.
However I found a version on my PC called HP firmware update program v2.2.1 I probabally downloaded it 6 months ago when I tried to get it to work previously. I clicked it and It tells me to select the drive to update which is listed as hp dvd 200J, 1.72
I select it and it tells me that the firmware I am updating is the same as is currently installed d200_172.bin
Then I tried the software update listed which is for SonicMyDvd. It runs and says it has performed the required operations (MyDVD351_patch.exe released 2002-06-27)
Lastly, I try the utility update there for DVD200 Compatibility Utility (DVD200bitset.exe, Version:1.2.) When I run it it says I have no Hp drives installed. I don't know why it says that when clearly, I do!
The computer has been rebooted as well. What can I do to get this DVD writer to burn DVDs?