disable laptop
2 min read
If I click on the internet access icon in the right lower corner -systry, and right click>disconnect, can I use the pc w/o fear of intrusion?
I have never done it so is it just a matter of clicking on it again to 'connect'. I will probably be aked for a password?
Not sure of what system spec's you have but yes if you disconnect from the Internet if using wireless and if a lan line (Cat5 Cable) is not plugged in then you can use the pc without fear of intrusion.
Now when you go to connect, and depending of Operating System may or may not be asked for a password to connect depends of your setup, Vista will remember who you are when booting up and will connect Automatic to the net, XP if setup that way will also connect and I am sure of Win 7 does the same.
My setup the way I have it I must manually connect and type a password each time I connect, this is the way I like it.
Hope this helps.
Jimbo1
I have Win 7 x 64 with a new Belkin router. The old Netgear one with XP used to work fine but this is new. I am relieved to hear I will be 'off' the web if I disconnect. I travel soon so hope to report back.
I too would like to be prompted to reconnect and hope that is the case.
Thank you,Jimbo.
Peter
No problem and really was glad to help you, may you have a safe trip to where you are traveling.
Jimbo1
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI