Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Onslaught of Phantom Returned Emails w/ attachments!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elizabeth Clare

Elizabeth Clare

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:IT, Science, Theology, Performing Arts, Physiology, Psychology, Inner/Family/Community/World Peace, Health and Prosperity

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:00 AM

Both in Spam and in my Inbox I have been beseiged with returned emails that I never sent in the first place. They all have attachments, too. I'm too worried to open them, though. I also received an "auto-desk" reply from someone who I know... but to whom I never sent an email !! Any hints about what this might be about? Thank you, kindly.
Yours newly in Technology,
ELIZABETH CLARE
Proud WTT Member

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:11 AM

First thing to do is Change your email password. Though if this is malware related, the malware will pick up the password change. Therefore, use a known-good second machine to make the change. Next, post over to Malware Removal to assure the machine is clear. Post back here if problems persist.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Elizabeth Clare

Elizabeth Clare

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:IT, Science, Theology, Performing Arts, Physiology, Psychology, Inner/Family/Community/World Peace, Health and Prosperity

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:13 AM

Will do, Doug. Thank you so much!
Yours newly in Technology,
ELIZABETH CLARE
Proud WTT Member