This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Email Acct Sending Out Emails With Attatchments

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hey Guys, I am having a problem where one of my email addresses is somehow sending out emails with attatchments to my friends email addresses. I dont know exactly what is going on cause I felt like my email acct is safe. This is only happening wiht one of my email accts. Also, some of my friends are encountering the same problem and I am getting emails with some attatchements that you gotta open up too. I havent opened any of the attatchments cause I am scared it may be a virus. What do you guys suggest i do? Thanks for your help.
geeesh.. sounds like spoofed headers. Do you use AOL..? (I ask cuz if you have aol remember your password when you log in, anyone can get it and sign on to your account)
Crow, I am actually using yahoo. I have a couple of yahoo accounts and this only happens with one of them. What do you suggest I do? Thanks for your help
Well unfortunatly there's not much you can do. :( I would make sure and change your password every so often for one. Other than that just be senseable about what mail you open. Surveys, Forwarded mail and the like usually arent good. Even if there from friends or some one you know. If you'll notice those build and build email addy's and they will eventually fall into the wrong hands. Survey's are specially bad, they send those out and when they make it back to the origin were it started, they put the addy's on cd's and sell them on ebay. Just try to be safe as you can, probably wouldnt hurt to send an email out to your friends letting them know what is going on and not open anything sent by that email addy