I was just formatting my windows xp installation. Then I started with installing drivers (sound, network etc). As soon as I inserted Intel Driver CD in CD ROM, following options appear:
Intel chipset software installation utility
Realtek audio driver
Intel graphics media accelerator
Can anyone please let me know, what are these (except 2nd one as this i know, is audio driver)?
The machine's BIOS Basic Input Output System, detects and tells the motherboard where to look for various hardware devices and what to expect to find.
Once those basics are discovered, various Drivers are loaded during the Boot process.
These Drivers enable and configure advanced features for such things as Audio, which you indicate you recognize.
The "ChipSet" includes various physical components on the motherboard which perform some easily observable functions which may include sound, video display, network interface connections, and the like, as well as some less easily discovered and observed functions such as use of cache, speed of read/write to the Hard Drive and similar.
It is important to install the "Chipset Drivers" so that these motherboard embedded devices can work the way they are intended, including features that enhance or accelerate processes such as graphics adaptation.