This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Text document written in cyrillic alphabet

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok so I've downloaded this subtitle written with cyrillic alphabet… it shows just like it should when i load it in a movie player however when I open it with notepad or wordpad there are these weird characters… I was at a friend's house and when he opened the subtitles they showed up just like they should be(in Cyrillic alphabet). Now I thought this might be a Windows 7 problem(friend has xp) so I tried opening the subtitles on a virtual machine where I have win xp installed but still the weird characters showed up.

When I try to open it with windows word it asks me for encoding, I choose Cyrillic and it shows fine… [rage on] WHAT'S UP WITH NOTEPAD AND WORDPAD WHY THEY CAN'T SHOW THE SUBTITLES IN CYRILLIC ALPHABET LIKE AT FRIEND'S COMPUTER????????[/rage off].

Not really an issue but I'm that kind of guy…. I must know what's the problem!!!!!!!!!

P.S. In case someone wants to try for himself, here's the link to the subtitles(note you must make a difference between weird characters and cyrillic alphabet… and if you don't know the cyrillic alphabet, it might show up as weird to you :P)
After messing around some more with the problem, I found the culprit!
It was this little bugger right here!

[external image: Posted Image]

I just had to change the language for non-unicode programs from english to my language.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI