brian7676
Topic Starter
Howdy people,
I have been living in my place now for 3 months. My roommate and I have Verizon Fios. Our PC is hardwired via ethernet to the router. We have two XBOX's connected wirelessly along with my iphone 4. Up until a week ago everything worked fine without any lag or slowing down, then during gameplay on my xbox I would not be able to maintain a connection or the ability to stay in game lobby. I also noted that connection to the net from my iphone had slowed as well. Youtube and videos on my phone took forever to load. We had installed bittorrent on the computer to download files. After trying to troubleshoot the network and speaking with verizon I saw that my firewall has been port forwarded for teredo. I read up on this and it seems that it backdoors my firewall and disrupts my signal wirelessly. I believe it was installed with the bittorrent, so I deleted the bittorrent. This removed the IP for bittorrent and one of the teredo IP's, but I'm still seeing an IP for teredo. Now when I turn on the xbox it intermittinly connects to xbox live, sometimes not at all. My iphone connects to our network but is still slow as well as the xbox. I can only get a 2 bar yellow connection now. I need some help with getting rid of this "Teredo and going back to the days when the computer was bittorrent free. Again thanks for reading and please help.