OK without using the optimizer for verizon to edit my tcp ip settings my upload speed is pretty slow. But the thing is that when I do use it there is a really bad problem and I have confirmed this. I have a gigabyte p55m ud2 mobo with realtek gigabit lan and when I do edit the tcp settings with the optimizer by verizon I have this weird memory leak where my memory usage suddenly jumps to 98 percent when my network usage goes up too much. (such as downloading a file, etc.) This is on windows 7. I have made a topic about this previously but can confirm that its not a malware issue because I have reinstalled windows several times with the same problem right after i use the tool from verizon. Anybody has any idea what might be happening?
My specs: core i5
4gbddr3 ram,
gts 250
windows 7 64bit
rupok,
you are posting the same or similar issues in different topics.
Wait until you have a response from a malware removal expert in your topic over in theVirus and Spyware removal.forum
Once your computer has been declared clear of malware, post back here if you are still having issues with it and we will do our best to help.
Regards
paws
I found the problem. I noticed that the when the network usage went up drastically my ram would start leaking. This was due to some type of conflict between verizon's in home agent software and my nic drivers or something related to the NIC. I reinstalled windows multiple times to test this and can confirm is as the problem. The reason I thought it was the verizon's optimizer is that it happens if you use verizon's optimizer and also install the software. Using the web based optimizer alone doesn't cause problems. Verizons inhome agent does something that affect the drivers for my Realtek onboard LAN card on the Gigabyte P55M-UD2 motherboard. I now reinstalled windows, didn't install in home agent, used the web based optimizer for the tcp/ip settings, and now no memory leak and internet speeds are up to spec. Unfortunately uninstalling and reinstalling NIC drivers doesn't help. Anyways this is for future reference to anyone having similar problems since FIOS is very popular and so is Gigabyte motherboards. You can lock or delete the other topics I made, Sorry about that…. And Thanks