This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Word 2007 remembers print settings across different documents

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi guys. I took a quick look for an answer on this but didn't find much. So, I decided to post a partial question, partial rant. :) I have office 2007 on windows 7 32-bit. I print a lot of different documents and Word is almost always open. When I open an existing document and print it, it uses the same settings that I used on the last document I printed, such as duplexing and copies. This is one of those things I just can't believe is happening. Who the heck would want every document they open up to automatically start printing 50 copies, or duplexing a single sheet, etc. I'm consistently forgetting to check the settings before clicking print because I just assume it is going to be 1 copy, single sided. I don't see anything in options. Anybody know how to turn off this ridiculous "feature?"
I'm using neither Office 2007 nor Win 7, but have encountered the same maddening condition occasionally. I'll keep an eye out. Generally speaking, I don't use the command Icon for print and instead use file - print - and then have a look at what it says it's gonna do. Seems to me that it should always revert to (1) one copy, portrait, and auto-color….. but sometimes that doesn't happen as you say.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI