I have Win 7x64 and just installed MSIE 7.
Is it advantageuos to untic "Turn Windows features on or off" next to the add/remove panel, rather than using add/remove.
I was hoping Revo could clean the registry remnants but it has done a million other great tasks for me.
Thank you for your help.
I would suggest IE9. It is the latest, most secure IE to date. It is better than IE8, which was much better than IE7. Beyond that, part of "practicing safe computing" involves keeping our systems updated. Even if you use an alternative browser as your default, you should update to the most recent version supported by your OS.
Turning a feature on or off does just that, it turns it on, or off. Like flipping a light switch, the light bulb is still there when off. Add and remove, not surprisingly adds and removes - as in installs and uninstalls. If you are trying to uninstall IE7, then I would suggest going through Control Panel > Programs and features.
First of all, I have to apologize for hitting the 7 key when I meant the 9 key. My grandchildren were occupying my mind.
I have MSIE 9 and will keep it.
The question arose when I looked in Revo to see if MSIE 9 was there when it was not I wrote to them. They advised unchecking that box.
I do understand the difference between turning off and removing and I am sorry for uneccessarily tying up your time.
I am getting some momentary black screens since the installation which I read are bothering 80 million people who have Googled such a problem. That is not to say it is MSIE 9 and I think the black screen may have occured prior to it.
I am working my way thru a 'heavy' problem with ATI drivers .
But anyway, thank you
The blacks screens those refer to are system crashes - Black Screens of "death" - not momentary. Momentary like that would make me suspect your graphics driver - unless it was ONLY IE.
I have uninstalled ATI drivers[ Radeon HD 5450[ + in safe mode used driver sweeper to clean the old remnants then reinstalled from both Dell and AMD.
This problem has been going on since I got it in Nov '10'.
I called ATI and an engineer said the issue with cards is wide spread inviolving ATI windows and Dell.
I have had a new mobo, all new memory, 6gbs, and the video card reolaced 2xs.
I contend, as does ATI, that my sofware is not the cause as i have reformatted and reinstalled twice.but Dell wants me to pay for their software support.
I am currrently having a dialogue with their supers and asking for a different video card.
They are adamant that the machine will not be replaced. I have 2 years hardware support.
I have had one blue screen of death but could not read it so I unticed the box which will allow me to see it if it occurs again. i have the black screen about 2 xs a day and getting worse.
David and Goliath.