Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Uninstalling AVG Antivirus 7.0

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Valkery

Valkery

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:05 PM

Hello, this is my first time posting. I am currently using AVG Antivirus 7.0, and I would like to also try out Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition 9.0. I want to uninstall AVG Antivirus 7.0, but I have heard horror stories from people who have said they were incompletely able to remove the components of AVG.

I checked the uninstall page on AVG website:

http://free.grisoft....6/lng/us/tpl/v5

Has anyone tried this? Does this work as they say? Does it remove most/all traces from the Registry and Windows?

Could someone please provide me some information about this? Thank you very much.

By the way, I am using Windows 98. So I do not have a System Restore ability available.

Edited by Valkery, 17 September 2005 - 08:07 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Guest_stopthepop_*

Guest_stopthepop_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:08 AM

With windows 98 you can use the scanreg /backup. It is a close cousin to system restore.

F8 from bootup gets you to the command promt. Choice 5 is command promt.

type :

cd windows <enter>

scanreg/? <enter for the help file>

scanreg /backup

name your file (up to 8 letters) .cab
such as rb0918.cab

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;184023

AVG is well known and should uninstall fine. If your computer is infected or you are having other issues, however, this may not be true.

You can preform a free online scan of your computer for viruses & from Norton at:

www.sarc.com

look for Online Virus and Security Check link. The scan takes about a half hour depending on the # of files on your drive .

Not quite the answer you wanted, but it's a start.