This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Uninstalling AVG Antivirus 7.0

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, this is my first time posting. I am currently using AVG Antivirus 7.0, and I would like to also try out Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition 9.0. I want to uninstall AVG Antivirus 7.0, but I have heard horror stories from people who have said they were incompletely able to remove the components of AVG.

I checked the uninstall page on AVG website:

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5466/lng/us/tpl/v5

Has anyone tried this? Does this work as they say? Does it remove most/all traces from the Registry and Windows?

Could someone please provide me some information about this? Thank you very much.

By the way, I am using Windows 98. So I do not have a System Restore ability available.
With windows 98 you can use the scanreg /backup. It is a close cousin to system restore.

F8 from bootup gets you to the command promt. Choice 5 is command promt.

type :

cd windows

scanreg/?

scanreg /backup

name your file (up to 8 letters) .cab
such as rb0918.cab

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?…kb;en-us;184023

AVG is well known and should uninstall fine. If your computer is infected or you are having other issues, however, this may not be true.

You can preform a free online scan of your computer for viruses & from Norton at:

www.sarc.com

look for Online Virus and Security Check link. The scan takes about a half hour depending on the # of files on your drive .

Not quite the answer you wanted, but it's a start.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI