This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Cannot find 'C:\Program'

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Description says it all.

I went to "Control Panel" tried to change startup programs because I was sick of how long it takes for my computer to be fully booted up.
And when I clicked on the "Change startup programs" button. I got the following error:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.


I'm up for any ideas :D
I'm really sorry; forgot to mention my specs: Windows Vista; 32 bit. Toshiba Satellite L305D 2.00 GB Sorry to double post.. but couldn't find an edit button :lol: Thank very much for any help! -Jweg
Hi Jweg,

The edit button is at the bottom of your posts in the right-hand corner.
[attachment removed]

To edit your start-up list, go to start / run and type in msconfig


Cheers,
Lee
Odd, but I don't have that button in my bottom right? I knew about msconfig… but can you tell me why I get this error when I do it the Control Panel way?
Oh, I just noticed that you haven't had enough posts yet to see an edit button. I think you need 5 post up (it could be more) before you see the edit option.

I knew about msconfig… but can you tell me why I get this error when I do it the Control Panel way?

I'll get back to you on that.
Hey thanks man I'll check it out. btw. Your signature… crazy enough, I got to collage with a Churchill biology building named after Winston Churchill. cool deal :P

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI