jeff matthews
Topic Starter
Hi im not sure if this is in the appropriate section of the forums. But i am having a major issue here and i know exactly what caused it. I bought this media server called WD live TV. it enables you to stream or "network" drives to your tv from your computer. I put the installation disk in and when it says what drives you want to network, i networked them. I then figured out thats its easier to just hook up the hub and my drives straight to my server, running to my tv, instead of networking them from my pc. I networked 2 of these drives.
Some how i networked the drives, so when i open up "computer" window, it displays 2 of my externals under "network location" but it has a red X on both of them. Ive tried everything i can think of accept formatting my entire computer. I completely deleted the "WD live server application" on my computer. I can't seem to get that drive off of the network location and on to my regular drives location with the rest of my hard drives. I have around 5 external hard drives. 4 of them show up in my hard drive section but 2 of them shows up in "networked" well the drives are in that location, i can't use it for any streaming purposes, i can't hook it up to anything, i can't even attach it to any external device. I can't browse to it from any website. I can look at the files in the drive though from my pc. All the data is present, its just that its in a networked location with a red X. Does any one know how to change it, so its not networked. So it appears in my regular drive list so i can use it properly again.
The two drives that are networked "Anime_Drive_4 (\\wdtvlive)" formated with "CDFS" How ever this drive also appears in my regular drives. I can access this drive perfectly in my regular drives, but this other copy i cant access at all. It just comes up with an error. Then there is the 2nd drive. "Elements (\\wdtvlive)" This drive, i can access in the network location, but the like the other drive that DOES appear in the regular drives. This one does not at all. They both have red X's on them and the elements drive i can't use for anything accept the fact to just browse the directory from my pc.
It looks like this.
[external image: Posted Image]
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/lin…esnetworked.png
[external image: Posted Image]
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hopefully you can give me some advice how to fix this situation. if all else fails, ill try to format my C drive and windows and see if that does it. But i rather not, i have to much data on there, it would take me a while to go that route.
Some how i networked the drives, so when i open up "computer" window, it displays 2 of my externals under "network location" but it has a red X on both of them. Ive tried everything i can think of accept formatting my entire computer. I completely deleted the "WD live server application" on my computer. I can't seem to get that drive off of the network location and on to my regular drives location with the rest of my hard drives. I have around 5 external hard drives. 4 of them show up in my hard drive section but 2 of them shows up in "networked" well the drives are in that location, i can't use it for any streaming purposes, i can't hook it up to anything, i can't even attach it to any external device. I can't browse to it from any website. I can look at the files in the drive though from my pc. All the data is present, its just that its in a networked location with a red X. Does any one know how to change it, so its not networked. So it appears in my regular drive list so i can use it properly again.
The two drives that are networked "Anime_Drive_4 (\\wdtvlive)" formated with "CDFS" How ever this drive also appears in my regular drives. I can access this drive perfectly in my regular drives, but this other copy i cant access at all. It just comes up with an error. Then there is the 2nd drive. "Elements (\\wdtvlive)" This drive, i can access in the network location, but the like the other drive that DOES appear in the regular drives. This one does not at all. They both have red X's on them and the elements drive i can't use for anything accept the fact to just browse the directory from my pc.
It looks like this.
[external image: Posted Image]
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/lin…esnetworked.png
[external image: Posted Image]
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hopefully you can give me some advice how to fix this situation. if all else fails, ill try to format my C drive and windows and see if that does it. But i rather not, i have to much data on there, it would take me a while to go that route.