Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

"monitor not found"

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MSB146

MSB146

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:15 AM

When I turned on my laptop this morning it would not recognise my external monitor. The only thing I did yesterday was upgrade to the latest firefox browser. (this has since upgraded to a later version today) I get a "this computer system does not support this version of magictune" and when I open multicreen the message"Samsung monitor not found" appears. Samsung P2250 monitor Toshiba satellite a300 laptop windows XP ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 The monitor is working OK but I have to turn the resolution down and everything appears a little distorted. I tried a system restore but that had no effect. I would be grateful If anyone can point me in the right direction.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:51 AM

Even though I run a couple of Samsung B2330 flat panels, I have never installed Magictune. Actually the screens worked wonderfully, out of the box with no adjustment necessary, running from an old Compaq with single core CPU, 2gb RAM and an nVidia 9500gt on XP Home SP3. I just checked one of the original packing boxes, and "SyncMaster"/magictune CD was included, but I never used it. But that is me, and this Thread is about your machine. _______________ I've read several threads from google search of "this computer system does not support this version of magictune" Some folks seem happy with it, while others are frustrated! At best, MagicTune seems to be "temperamental" when it comes to playing nicely with other software and drivers. _______________ What you might try... _______________ --- At least temporarily disable any non-essential items in your Startup file (you can do this via MSCONFIG) --- Try updating your video/graphics chip driver (from Computer's website), and if not, then from Chip's website. At least a couple of other references which I searched suggested a conflict with security utilities. --- What Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware do you have installed? Do you have the same difficulties when browsing with Internet Explorer? ---(I ask because the most recent update of Firefox 3.6.15 was a security related update) --- What version of MagicTune do you have installed? ------ Note: If you decide to download a newer version of MagicTune, be sure to uninstall the current version before installing any newer. Note: As with any trouble-shooting and application installation/change procedure -----------Create a fresh Restore Point, and backup your Registry prior to making changes. Keep us posted with your progress, others may learn too. :)
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 MSB146

MSB146

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

Thanks Doug Im not really worried if I dont have magictune but I wanted to keep running multiscreen but it now shows "multiscreen application error samsung monitor not found". I am running zonealarm extreme security Im still using the monitor butI cannot adjust it to a higher reslution because if I do everything appears large and doesnt fit on the screen. If I reduce the resolution it all fits on the scredn but is a little distorted.

#4 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:58 PM

Consider uninstalling magictune. You can use your Windows Display Properties to extend to the attached monitor and also set resolution via Windows Display Properties.

#5 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

Something I've noticed on some laptops... The "live" VGA connection socket is on the "back" of the Laptop. There may be an additional "socket" that "looks like" you could attach a VGA plug, but it is not live.

#6 MSB146

MSB146

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:03 PM

Hi Doug there is only one socket on my laptop. I have tried a number of things to no avail. Uninstalled Zonealarm and conected monitor again. Removed magictune updated monitor driver updated video card driver. uninstalled and installed multiscreen again. Multiscreen still shows "monitor not found" I'm still running the monitor at a resolution of 1600 x 1200 but I cannot run it at 1920 x 1080 which I was running it at before. I'm not sure if I have updated the various drivers correctly though. Other than this I'm really at a loss as to why this would work for the last 2 or 3 years and suddenly have problems

#7 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:15 PM

In Display Properties, do you have Screen #2 Selected and have a checkmark/tick in the "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" ?

#8 MSB146

MSB146

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:20 PM

whne I do that, the samsung monitor does not show any icons or task bar

#9 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:24 PM

The "second" screen does not show task bar or icons. Task bar and icons remain on screen # one. You can select (in display properties) to cause the "Second" screen to be used as Primary, and then you will have the taskbar and icons on the Samsung

#10 MSB146

MSB146

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:29 PM

my laptop screen shows them but at that resolution its not all on the screen. You have to move the cursor around to see them. With monitor 2, the checkbox to use as primary monitor is not available

#11 alfred rich

alfred rich

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:53 AM

When I turned on my laptop this morning it would not recognise my external monitor.
The only thing I did yesterday was upgrade to the latest firefox browser. (this has since upgraded to a later version today)
I get a "this computer system does not support this version of magictune" and when I open multicreen the message"Samsung monitor not found" appears.
Samsung P2250 monitor
Toshiba satellite a300 laptop
windows XP
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
The monitor is working OK but I have to turn the resolution down and everything appears a little distorted.
I tried a system restore but that had no effect.
I would be grateful If anyone can point me in the right direction.

I am not familiar with "magictune", but few downloaded softwares or programs will be blocked for security issues, so just try checking your firewall, antivirus or the spyware. Or may be the version you have downloaded is not compatible with this OS, try some-other version. Or the hardware/software features may not be supporting. There are plenty of issues.