This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Noise from speakers when transferring data in network

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a wireless network between my desktop PC and brother's laptop and I just recently noticed that when I transfer something from the PC to the laptop, there's this weird noise coming of my speakers It definitely happens only when I transfer data… when the transfer finishes, the noise is gone and of course when I turn off the speakers while the transfer is being done, it's gone also. The noise stays the same no matter the volume on my speakers In case you need additional info, just say so.
Hello uchkur, It sounds like your regular electronic interference to me. I used to get it a lot from my old video card. The minute I moved my mouse, or there was something complicated going on the screen (like a movie in silence), I would get a lot of interference. As far as I know there isn't a way to fix it, other than buying a dedicated Audio Card with electronic shielding built in. They can cost quite a bit though… Cheers, Nahumi
Thanks for your reply I was just experimenting some more with this problem and noticed that it's the router/modem or whatever the hell this speedport w 503v device is. The closer the speakers are to the device, the louder the noise is. P.S. sorry for that text in another language :D
This is typical EMF interference. Move the router, or the speakers. Higher quality speakers will not be so susceptible.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI