Can't get my Dell 3010cn printer to be recognized on network
2 min read
Typically, the printer would have software that configures the printer for you and gets it connected to the wireless. You would start by plugging the printer in via USB. You may be able to use the CD .ISO files that are available for Vista 32-bit or 64-bit (you didn't mention if you have 32-bit or 64-bit). You'll have to extract the .ISO and burn the file to a CD as found here: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/windo…-windows-7.aspx
Otherwise, you are going to have to learn how to operate the printer's control panel and manually connect it to your wireless network and then manually install the provided drivers from Dell's website. Dell provides both a 32-bit and a 64-bit driver for windows 7.
As each printer is different, I can't talk you through how to do that. Your best bet is reading the manual, which is found here: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/3010cn/ – Except, I could not get it to open properly on my computer. So good luck with that one.
Other than that, it sure would be nice if your friend can provide the manual and software disc.
If its a wireless connection, then you need an appropriate software supported by your window version to read the printer. Try installing a compatible version and it will generate some message, according which you can continue.I recently bought a Gateway laptop complete with Windows 7. My brother passed on to me a Dell 3010cn Wireless printer. In an effort to make this laptop a work station I am trying to make that Dell printer wireless. I have plugged it appropriately into my router. The printer powers on the way it should. I have tried to find the appropriate driver online and I have downloaded what seems to be the appropriate driver, however I can't seem to make any of those files run. When I open the file there doesn't seem to be any .exe files to initiate. I have tried adding a printer and having my laptop search for it but to no avail. I am too dumb to try and add it by IP address etc .
The desktop has my original printer attached and my laptop will recognize that one but it's the wireless printer that I really want my laptop to recognize. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Dan
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI