This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows 7 backup and recovery program

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Am I reading this correctly? It seems as though you have two choices; one to delete all other backups when you create your new one and the other to keep only one prior to your newly created one. perhaps I am reading this incorrectly. Does the schedule allow you to keep more than one backup? Thank you
I tried to attach two PrtScn shots which were only Kb's but the message for denial was that I used 2.01 MB of the 2 MB maximum. This happens when ever I try to use attachments so, I wonder if it is me, or are others having the same problem? Secondly, I was using attachments because what I am trying to say is hard to be concise about. Basically, it appears that when you use a schedule for backups there is no indication that previous images wil be deleted. However, when you choose no schedule, there is a dialog box with two choices. Neither of the choices allow you to keep more that one image. Please correct me if I am wrong and I hope someone can also address the attchment issue.
You get what you pay for :thumbdown: To keep more than one you need to move the existing backup set into a folder and repeat for as many iterations as you want to keep. No other way that I'm aware of. I think I mentioned this before, but using Acronis TI Home 2010 (not 2011) and an addon called Chain2Gen I keep backup 4 backup sets. Each set is 1 weeks worth of data. The first is a full backup (45 minutes to create) and the other 6 are incrementals (3-5 minutes to create). Chain2Gen runs when ATI starts and manages the folder sets for me. Makes it real easy. This means I always have at least 3 weeks worth of backups and up to 4 weeks.

You get what you pay for :thumbdown:

To keep more than one you need to move the existing backup set into a folder and repeat for as many iterations as you want to keep. No other way that I'm aware of.

I think I mentioned this before, but using Acronis TI Home 2010 (not 2011) and an addon called Chain2Gen I keep backup 4 backup sets. Each set is 1 weeks worth of data. The first is a full backup (45 minutes to create) and the other 6 are incrementals (3-5 minutes to create). Chain2Gen runs when ATI starts and manages the folder sets for me. Makes it real easy.

This means I always have at least 3 weeks worth of backups and up to 4 weeks.



Yes, Z, I was really inquiring more than complaining. I realize Win 7 is very limited but it appears to be commensurate with my skill level.
Macrium, too, seems be about my speed and meets my needs.
Btw, do you have any trouble with attachments as I have indaicated in the post?

No problem with attachments.

Can you tell me the actual size of each one you tried to upload and what the file extension was?




Yes, the first was 257 KB and the extension was .PNG - paint.
I just used the same procedure at another forum with the same size and extension and it worked easily. That had to do with drivers in Major Geeks.
I just tried the PrtScn now that I used at the other forum a moment ago and it failed here.
I click, browse, locate the file on desktop, click on it, click open then upload. It always says i have exceeded the maximum 2 MB with 2.01 MB. The size of this file was is 111 KB.
This issue has occured in What the Tech before.
I hope it is an error on my part as one picture really makes for an easier explanation.
I've asked for one of the Moderators to look into your problem with posting images. I just tried with a small PNG (125Kb) and had not problem uploading it. May be that your upload space is full???
I appreciate your help with this issue. I will check my settings to see if I can free up more space, although, I have never seen that feature. I just pasted, in quotation marks, what I see below my dialogue box before involving attachments so I think you are right - it shows I have exceeded space allowed. "Attachment space used 2.01MB of 2MB." I apparently need to free up space so I will look until I hear and if I can do so, I will post back. Thanx
I hope you can see that your directions have produced a PrtScn. I really should have picked up on the "manage your attachments" but it went right by me. Also, thank you for the helpful link. The pik is just a test as the issue is resolved.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI