Hello solo58,
Could you be a bit more specific about why you're having to repair the connection?
IS this the same laptop that had issues a while back?
Cheers,
Nahumi
I didn't have this problem two days ago….just a fairly frequent need to repair the connection.
Now, when I click wireless repair, I'm getting acquiring network address; and then a "limited or no connectivity" notice.
I've tried disconnecting from the network, then doing a manual reconnect, but with no luck.
The Wireless Network Connections window shows my home network and other networks that are in range. I have other computers connected to my network; some farther from the wireless router than this latitude laptop; all are working fine except for this laptop. Four green bars show up on the network signal strength for the laptop; so I presume there's adequate signal strength.
Just before I had this problem, I was trying to share My Documents with the other computers in my house. All the other computers could see each other…except this Latitude. Maybe I inadvertently changed a setting in trying to share the My Documents folder.
I continue to receive pop up windows which indicate that my wireless network is being detected…I just can connect to it.
My settings are: to obtain an IP Address automatically - but I'm getting a 169….address
When I connect the laptop to the router through a hardline…I connect.
I have an Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network adapter.
When I check Device Manager, the adapter status is: "working properly". The driver is dated 26 Oct 2009, version 12.4.4.5
There are no yellow question marks in the Device Manager.
I use Microsoft Security Essentials, last full scan was yesterday. 6 days ago, The trojan: Java/Mesdeh was removed.
I've run malwarebytes since then.
I need to unload some files from the laptop as I'm at 1% remaining free space…But the DVD burner won't burn a DVD….
you'd be proud of me.
I was traveling with the laptop and found that I could connect to other networks.
So I removed the network from my home system and reinstalled it.
Voila, it now works…though it still falls off repeatedly.
At this rate…soon I'll be an advisor….:)
The first thing I would do is delete the Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG from Device manager, then reboot. XP will rediscover the device and reinstall the drivers. That often fixes problems like this.
If it doesn't then go to Dell Driver Downloads, click on Drivers and Downloads then click on Enter a tag. Enter the Service tag number for your computer, then find and download the latest driver for the Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG. Install it , reboot and see if that helps.
The first thing I would do is delete the Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG from Device manager, then reboot. XP will rediscover the device and reinstall the drivers. That often fixes problems like this.
If it doesn't then go to Dell Driver Downloads, click on Drivers and Downloads then click on Enter a tag. Enter the Service tag number for your computer, then find and download the latest driver for the Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG. Install it , reboot and see if that helps.
well…it ran all right for a while, but it's been falling off recently.
I don't know if reinstalling the drivers worked.
Solo58, did you follow the instruction listed above, provided by Ztruker?
If so and I may be jumping the gun here but if you did and you are still having problems it may be that the wireless adapter may be failing or a bad antenna connection or the antenna its self may be failing. If so your options may be few 1. Bring it to a pc repair shop for them to test this or 2. Is to buy a USB wireless adapter and use that over the wireless adapter inside the laptop.