This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Wireless very slow downloading You Tube etc

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Ladys and Gentlemen, I am looking for a bit of help concerning a wireless modem. My modem stopped working during the recent storms we had here and I rang my ISP and the verdict was I need a new modem.I went to the shop and the lady sold be a wireless modem.Netgear N150 ADSL2 +Modem Router.I got it home and installed it and it works good.Email and surfing the web I think it could be better than what I had before it suits me fine.The problem is if I go onto You tube or similar site it is extremley slow,take forever to download a clip.With the old modem I could click on a clip and start to download then go to another one.I could download 10 at a time if I wanted to,naturally the more I was downloading the slow it got but it still worked ok.Now I click on on clip it starts do slowly download then I try another that will start very slow,but thats it I cannot download more than 2 at a time. I am using Vista Home Premeium and IE.I use RealPlayer to down load the videos and that worked good until I changed to wireless.I have changed browsers still no good.Ran Malabytes,SpyBot,and other programs and AVG all come up negative. I do not know anything about wireless and that might be just the way it works,if so I will put up with it.I just thought maybe someone has had the same problem and could advise, Thank you Mick
Why do you need Real Player to play flash video? It's not the best choice and it's bloatware for starters and rapes your registry too.

Lets try something here. Could you please download K-lite codec pack standard 6.9.0 to your desktop from here.
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/KLite…rd/1094057842/2 (right-hand side, blue "Download Now").

It's very important to install this program correctly (it will really expand what sort of files you can play). It might not solve the download speed problem, but will put you ahead of the game of what you can play.

1. After double clicking the exe.program, choose "Advanced install"
2. Untick "Player:" and "Media Player Classic"
3. Click "don't create a start menu folder"
4. On the next page scroll to bottom and untick "visit a website with codec news"
5. tick nothing next page
6.Untick media player classic and tick Windows media player
7. Next page click "select all video" and "select all audio"
8. Next page "select all"
9. Next page select your sound system
10. Click on "install"

Go to Control Panel / Add and remove programs" / Set program defaults / tick on Microsoft Windows / OK

See how you go now.

Cheers,
Lee
Thank you very much Sir downloading 5 vids at the moment instead of 2 and a lot quicker all going great.Thanks once again for you help, Best Wishes, Mick

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI