Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

HP Vista freezes in any browser, esp. Java & FlashPlayer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 annie_d

annie_d

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:15 AM

I have an HP Vista. It is crazy slow whether I use Firefox (my preferred), IE, Safari or Opera. It especially has problems running anything that uses Flash Player or Java. For example, Facebook's Millionaire City. But, youtube videos load and play fine. My info is below. I've tried to give you everything I can think of including the dxdiag and hijackthis. I am on 3Mbps DSL hardwire. I never download music or movies. I don't play games that require a lot of oomph. Just want to open browser windows, get email, check FB, play some dumb games like Mil City or Bubble Island to wind down... I use Microsoft Security Essentials, Iobit Advanced System Care 3 Professional Version, CCleaner.exe with a 35 Gutman wipe, and don't seem to have any viral type issues. My Iobit Smart Ram shows me running between 170 and 250 most of the time and I have a 1GB card. Let me know if you need to know something else.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Interests:Serving the Lord and Riding motorcycles and computers.

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:22 PM

Hiya Annie_d,

Sorry to hear about your problems with your system, I kinda suspecting that you may have some infections that may be causing some problems, What I would like for you to do is head over to our Malware section to have them take a look at your system, if they give you a report of all clean then please report back here and we will be able to assist you with the problems you are having. Please be patience here they are very busy and they will respond to your topic.

Here is the link of how to do this:

http://forums.whatth...howtopic=106388

May you have a Good Day.

Jimbo1

Edited by Jimbo1, 01 February 2011 - 04:22 PM.

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#3 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:31 PM

Looks like you have 1GB of ram, 128MB of which is being used by your video card. That is not enough to run Vista well in. If I were you, I would upgrade to a minimum of 2GB and preferably 4GB. I think you will see a definite improvement.

I couldn't tell from your attached files, are you running 32 or 64 bit?

Would also be good to run a PCPitStop Full Test. Here is my canned response for PCPitStop:

Please Run the PCPitstop Full Tests, here: PCPitstop Full Tests

You must use Internet Explorer as it needs to install an ActiveX program.

Note: Vista users with UAC must first Right-click IE - Select "Run as Administrator"

If you haven't already registered, Click - Sign up now! (left hand column in User Login)

Register and create a password
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.

The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.

Once you have your Results, please post the URL (the http:// stuff) back here into this thread for review.

Note: Vista users, please close your instance of IE "Running as Administrator" after you are finished reviewing your Results.

Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are “flashed” onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.

If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, please look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence.

Note: The PCPitstop Full Tests Results is a free service, but is supported by various paid product advertisements for utilities that "could" remedy the OP's problem.

Since this site is a "free-help" forum, we do not recommend or endorse purchase of automated utilities, and will assist you in manually correcting any problems and settings necessary to optimize your machine's performance. Ask your questions here. We'll help you walk through any necessary steps.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#4 annie_d

annie_d

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

Looks like you have 1GB of ram, 128MB of which is being used by your video card. That is not enough to run Vista well in. If I were you, I would upgrade to a minimum of 2GB and preferably 4GB. I think you will see a definite improvement.

I couldn't tell from your attached files, are you running 32 or 64 bit?

It is 32 bit. And to the other person, as I stated I run ASC Pro daily anti-virus software to protect against viruses, spyware, etc.

#5 annie_d

annie_d

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

Also, I'm working on the PCPitstop thing now. Thanks.

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

As soon as you get the PCPitStop link posted, please follow Jimbo1's direction and post in the malware area. ASC Pro daily anti-virus is not sufficient to protect you from malware infections. No single AV or Spyware program is sufficient any more unfortunately.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown