This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

A Few Minor Problems

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey there! I have been having a few problems with my laptop recently, here they are: (1.) When I use Mozilla Firefox and I try to open a PDF file, a Java file, Firefox just stops responding and forces me to restart the browser, also when I try to play DIVX movies on the Internet froma site, Firefox won't load them up, but, all three of these issues can be done on Internet Explorer, PDF files, Java files and DIVX movies will load up in Internet Explorer. Is there any way to fix this? (2.) I have the No$gba 2.6a emulator, when I try to play DS games on it the emulator starts skipping frames and is very jumpy. My computer has 2 GB of RAM and an Internal common graphics card that you would get from Dell. This should be enough to make it run smoothly. The weird thing is that my friend has a laptop that is not near as good as mine and his runs smoothly, he has Windows XP and I have Windows Vista Home Edition. Is there any way to fix this too? Also, the emulator I have, I have all the games at home for it so it isn't illegal.
Hi GaryOR-LFC Sorry for such a late response. Are you still having issues? I might be able to help out with your firefox problem, but the emulator problem I can't. Simply don't know the software or what it is, short of something making you able to play vintage games / in-compatible for Vista etc. Regards
Hey Abydos, thanks for the reply. Yes I am still having issues, the one thing I really want fixed would be the DIVX Player, I want to be able to watch videos from DIVX on Firefox, I have Firefox 3.08. Also, no problem about the Emulators, maybe someone else can help me with that ;)
Hi again :wavey:

First of, I need to know if you have the correct plugins.

For the PDF files, you should have either: Adobe reader or Foxit reader.
Please download the ZIP package of Foxit Reader if you choose that one.
Reason being that its a stand-alone version, without the annoying ASK toolbar.

For the DiVx videos, you need both WMP plugin and updated WMP player.

WMP plugin

Scroll down to Windows media player

If you don't have the latest Shockwave / Flash-player, its available on that site as well.

If you are unsure of what plugins you currently have, type the following in the address bar:

About:Plugins
, hit enter.

It will generate a list you can browse through, and see which kind of plugins you have.

I won't be available later, but I am sure someone else will pick the thread up if need be.

Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI