Hello Everyone…
My dell latitude d600 is not detecting the external hard disk…i dont know where to locate the right drivers…I even dont know the right drivers..
Please help me guys i got to connect it to my laptop !
Thankyou
In need of help
Hello. A windows XP or newer computer will not need any drivers to access an external hard disk.
Does the hard disk work on another computer?
What exactly happens when you plug it into your laptop?
Thanks for your concern apple……
I know windows XP does not need drivers but in my control panel, the drivers of data interface are missing…May be that is the reason..I really have no clue!
It does nothing when i plug hard drive into USB port….No action by laptop …
Although it gets detected everywhere else
to Appleoddity for that reference and for his excellent presentation of solution to this sometimes perplexing situation.
My hope is that an "easy fix" can be accomplished via installation of the driver from the Dell site.
But had that not worked, my next suggestion was to be a reference to Appleoddity's recommendation.
As to which step to try first, my opinion is to attempt the Dell download/install (easier) first.
But I will defer to Appleoddity's judgment if the more extended work should be completed as a prelude or even sole solution path.