Software
Windows 7 pro 64 Explorer 8
2 min read
OldBald&Ugly
Topic Starter
When I use Windows 7 pro 64 Explorer 8 and click on the expander triangle on the left of the list of folders, the list moves to the bottom and expansion occurs there. This makes no sense because, then I must scroll down to see the folders I want to view. If it were logical or user friendly, it would at least stay where it is or better go to the top of the list. Is there a fix or am I missing something?
"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it." Pablo Picasso
Digerati
Are you sure you mean Internet Explorer 8 and not Windows Explorer? I guess I don't understand what you mean when you say say list of folders.
Ztruker
Annoying isn't it! One of many Explorer bugs MS has refused to fix or in this case, even acknowledge as a bug. To them it's a design decision.
See here for a work around: Opening Folders in Windows Explorer
You can also take a look at Classic Shell. Many people like it. I tried it and liked some of it but did not like what it took away so I've reverted to individual tweaks where possible.
See here for a work around: Opening Folders in Windows Explorer
You can also take a look at Classic Shell. Many people like it. I tried it and liked some of it but did not like what it took away so I've reverted to individual tweaks where possible.
OldBald&Ugly
I am such an idiot…, no really! I am getting old and unfortunatly make more and more mistakes. I have yet to check out the solution, because I am too embarrased to appropriach my keyboard. Thank you.
Best regards,
Gary S. Norton
OldBald&Ugly
AND, I strolled over to the suggested site and, for now, all appears good. Thank you.
Best regards,
Gary S. Norton
Lee
Annoying isn't it! One of many Explorer bugs MS has refused to fix or in this case, even acknowledge as a bug. To them it's a design decision.
See here for a work around: Opening Folders in Windows Explorer
You can also take a look at Classic Shell. Many people like it. I tried it and liked some of it but did not like what it took away so I've reverted to individual tweaks where possible.
Wow, not a bad site by Black Viper (recently new).
I've keep my eye on this guy's Windows OS recommendations for over 10yrs. Good to see he finally has a forum.
Apart from several other topics, I find this subject's eventual conclusion by BV very useful (besides a few other handy hints): "How to make hidden Administrator account visible - Windows 7" ). http://bbs.blackviper.com/index.php/topic,3185.0.html
Cheers,
Lee
Digerati
Ummm, not really - unless you call being around for 3+ years "recently new". Of course Charles has had a solid presence on the Internet for many years before he started his forum - perhaps best known for providing advice about XP services. But before that with other platforms - hence the "BBS".site by Black Viper (recently new).
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI