This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows explorer "refreshes" after file delete

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

System running Windows XP SP3, all the current updates. I have a strange one. I can't really find any information with my searching on the internet. This is a fairly new load, but has several graphic design programs installed. When browsing a file listing in windows explorer, if you delete a file, the window refreshes and the location jumps back to the top of the list. Normal behavior would be that the file would delete, and the user would stay in the same position in the list to delete another file if they wanted to. This has become very annoying because when a file is deleted from a large list of files the user has to scroll down to get back to where they were. I understand the user could select multiple files and delete at once. But, the problem is not normal behavior. I have uninstalled a thumbnail tool I thought could be the culprit. I also tried different views (detailed, thumbnails, etc.). I tried turning off auto arrange. The problem is the same. Anybody have any ideas?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI