Hi,
I have a Dell Vostro and I recently activated the auto back up which saves the back up files on the recovery partition.
The problem I now have is that my 10Gb partition is full and the back up no longer completes.
I have had a look at trying to increase the size of the partition but I can't see how. I've also looked at redirecting the backup saves to my main partition but the only other option I get is to the DVD drive.
I have over 100Gb available in the other partition, can I re-asign some of this?
cheers
you should never put any files whatever on a restore partition, that is where your operating system files are for doing a factory restore if you ever need to do one.
now as far as backups go,
it is a complete waste of time and energy storing your backup files on the same hard drive as where the files are that your backing up, regardless of which partition your putting them on.
this is because if your hard drive fails, which is the whole point of making backups in the first place, you not only lose the original files but the backup files too.
so either make your backups to dvd's or buy another hard drive to store them on.
i'd also recommend making at least one full back image of your hard drive,(as well as the incremental backups) this will include all partitions on your drive, so when/if you ever do have a drive failure, it will be easy to get your pc back up and running as it is now, with a replacement new hard drive installed just by doing a restore from the backup image.