This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

unusual start up item

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am running Win XP sp3 on a small office network. In msconfig startup there are two entries they are exactly the same except one ends with load and the other run. The startup item name; is 10 little squares , the command is also 10 little squares and the location is HKCU\SOFTWARE\microsoft\windowsNT\current version\windows:load I disabled the two items in startup but now they are enabled again and when I start my computer I get a error message that windows cannot find; (file name) the little squares again. Does anyone know what these entries are? I ran HJT and this is how they came up there: except one load and one run F3 - REG:win.ini: load=????????

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI