This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

drag + drop

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My multifucion with ocr requires the use of M.S.Word. Drag + drop is necessary to place Word in the scanner box, yet Win 7 x 64 will not allow me to drag and drop. Is there a work around or is there another way to obtain ocr?
Drag and Drop printing does indeed work in Windows 7 so it would seem you have another issue. You might try re-installing the printer drivers. As for a work around, you might try copying then paste over the scanner box.
I did try copy/paste which did not work. I was lucky in that there was an update and although i do not enter Word in the box(it has the program name by default)I can still scan as ocr with a drop down list. Regarding drag and drop, if you were in your documents and tried to perform this task, would you be able. I am not as the ions just bounce back where they were. Someone told me drag and drop in this instance is not a feature of Win 7. I have not been able to d+ d anywhere on this machine but I think it is because I am doing it incorrectly or in the wrong place. Is there somewhere where I can test this where it should work?
I may have spoke too soon. I use a HP gadget but that is to drag and drop photo "printing" only. It does not work on Word documents, for example. But I can right click on a Word document and select print and it works fine. I note there is another Gadget available from the get more gadgets online menu called Drag&Drop and Print and it seems to work. It is unverified but my scans did not reveal anything malicious.
I will look into that gadget. It seems that this is a regression as I would like to drag and drop to arrange icons as I like them not as Windows wants to do. Thank you for the information. It is always interesting to find work arounds :pullhair: .

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI