Hi,I decided to upgrade my processor from a dual core e2180 to a core2duo e8500.The problem I have is that when I checked the support on my mobo site I did not realise there are two versions of this processor and my Mobo only supports one kind I think.My MOBO is an ASUS p5n-mx which supports this processor :Core 2 Duo E8500 (3.16GHz,1333FSB,L2:6MB,65W,rev.E0) however there is also another e8500 processor with a different REV :Core 2 Duo E8500 (3.16GHz,1333FSB,L2:6MB,rev.C0)and I don't think my MOBO Supports this one.How do I find out which rev I have ordered?
from what i understand it'll support both fine.
e0 is a later stepping so if it wasn't going to support any then it would be that stepping and not the earlier c0 stepping in my opinion.
the only way to find out which stepping you have ordered tho is to contact the people you've ordered it from and ask.
Thanks Terry,
I am still waiting on a reply from the seller.
Will the MOBO support both E0 AND C0 then even though C0 is not listed in the MOBO CPU support page?
So it won't matter about stepping?
to be honest i can't say the c0 will definitely work because like you know it's not shown as supported (sorry, i must of been looking at wrong motherboard or cpu when i did quick check earlier).
Hi Terry,I contacted the seller and he is going to check it out for me.I came across this site when googling http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ASUS/P5N-MX.html I think My processor is this one : E8500 3.16 GHz,1333FSB,L2:6MB,65W,rev.E0 Bios : 0607 PCB : Any .
The model number of the processor I got which is BX80570E8500A is in black writing though,does this mean it is unsupported ?
Any help is appreciated.
Many Thanks Terry! I thought I was going to have to start looking for a new processor all over again.
I'll need to get back to my seller and let him know I will take it.
Again,many thanks for taking the time to help out!