This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Graphics Card Install Issues

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello All This past summer I tried to install a graphics in my machine. i could not get the card to work it would not go past the splash screen that say Dell. After many email exchanges with the company's tech support I had some one try the card in there machine and it work. Tech support concluded that it must be an issue with my power supply as it was at the minimium for that card. I updated my power supply to a 550 Watt. Well I have tried installing a different Graphics card from another manufacturer and I am gettin the same problem. I hav emailed there tech support but have recived no response, that was 3 days ago. My system is Dell Inspiron 530 it is 3 years old My PCI express slot is 1.0 both cards were 2.0 but listed as backwards compatible.Both were NVIDIA GeForce series 210 All my Windows updates are current and according to Dell my BIOS is up to date. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks Ray
Hi, sorry to hear of the problem with your video card Did you remember to save the changes before exiting the BIOS when changing the settings to use the external PCI e card rather than the onboard graphics chip? It might be necessary to re-enter the BIOS (usually by pressing F2 on most Dells immediately after powering up and before Windows starts to load) and then altering the settings to PCI e.. then save the settings and exit and then restart and let us know how you go Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI