This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Motherboard not recognising GPU

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Until a couple of weeks ago I was quite happily running my Nvidia 9400 GT GPU with no issues. Windows update wanted to update as it does every now an then and afterwards I get a black screen?? I switched to my on-board graphics everything is fine - I try the 9400 and nothing…….. it gets weirder……. couple of days later I turn the computer on again and the 9400 is working again….. does so for a few days then black screen again :( I've been out today and bought a Nvidia GT 620 and plugged it into the motherboard but even that isn't showing up in device manager. I'm glad I got the new card in any case although bit gutted I may not have needed it but can someone please help me sort this out its driving me insane! Has windows update screwed my machine or am I missing something?? Before anyone tells me to plug the vga cable into the 620 and enter safe mode or bios….. I cant as the screen is black. The fn is turning on the card so it has power, my power supply is definitely man enough so please, please please help me I cant handle my on-board graphics anymore :'( System Specs from Speccy Operating System MS Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit SP1 CPU AMD Phenom X4 9650 31 °C Agena 65nm Technology RAM 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 199MHz 5-3-3-9 Motherboard ASRock N68PV-GS (CPUSocket) Graphics Generic Non-PnP Monitor @ 1152x864 256MB GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a (ASRock) Hard Drives 488.39GB Seagate ST3500418AS ATA Device (Unknown Interface) 37 °C 78.15GB Seagate ST380012A ATA Device (IDE) 40 °C Optical Drives ATAPI DVD A DH20A4H ATA Device UNE KHYBOPUR8 SCSI CdRom Device Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

my power supply is definitely man enough

On paper - but have you tested it to make sure it is properly delivering all 3 essential voltages? Ensuring I am providing quality power to my sensitive devices is one the first things I always do when troubleshooting potential HW issues. If you don't have a PSU Tester (these are not conclusive, but pretty good), swap in a known good supply and see what happens.
I have also the same problem but i take my pc to a professional man who can correct the virus and give me the so after it does not disturb me any more ! B.t.w guys is there any solution to recorrect my hardisk, it was damaged its gold plate was broken ? Thanks !

B.t.w guys is there any solution to recorrect my hardisk, it was damaged its gold plate was broken ?
Thanks !



:welcome:
Are you referring to the gold-plated contacts onto which you insert your SATA cable connector?
Please provide a bit more information about the problem, where exactly it is locate, what occurred, and what functionality has been lost.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI