This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows media player in right click menu

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

I was getting rid off the stuff that appear after I right click a folder(so called context menu or something) and I removed all that werent needed except windows media player ones:
"Add to Windows Media Player list" & "Play with Windows Media Player"

I've found a solution to remove them but this does not suit my needs since unchecking "enable access for this program" besides getting rid of the context menu items, also disables windows media player. Obviously, I want to continue using windows media player, however I only want to get rid off the context menu items.

P.S. Windows 7 guy here, the following didnt work
regsvr32 /u wmpshell.dll
this also
Yesssssssssss I finally got rid off them!
Thank a lot Ztruker

Deleting the entries here did the trick

For Music folders, the context menu loads from this additional location:

	* [HKCR\SystemFileAssociations\Directory.Audio\shell\]

	* [HKCR\SystemFileAssociations\Directory.Audio\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\]

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI