Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

weird hotmail worm/hijack

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zenkat

zenkat

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:16 PM

This has now happened to me on two laptops (same network) using both Internet Explorer and Firefox and two different OS (Windows 7 & xp)... Here's what happens- I log into my hotmail account and in the body of the page is a message asking me to confirm my email address- but the address is wrong. It's some strange corruption of both my hotmail and yahoo addresses. Naturally, I don't click on the message, but then the browser starts redirecting like crazy (or attempting to)... although it doesn't take me to another page. Nobody has said anything to me about receiving any strang phishing email or spam. What the hell is going on? one other thing- this happened after I configured my new iPhone with the two email accounts.....

Advertisements

Register to Remove