Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

change the date of sent email!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:10 AM

hi all! I have an issue to discuss with you. Today while i was sending a mail to my friend, i due to some reason wanted that the date of the sent mail is 2 days older. To achieve that i changed the date of my own PC and sent the mail again but when i checked the mail date from the sent box, it was still the right rate but not the older one :( Do you know how to do that??

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

Time stamps in the Full Header are part of the security features of email, and may involve more than your own machine. For your own use, you may be able to go through the tedious procedure of changing Full Header date/time, in order to get emails to appear in your own list of sent mail where you would wish. But the recipient is dependent upon their own ISP and hop servers who keep and stamp time synchronized to the real world. What you propose is similar to "spoofing" an email origin address. It can be done, but it is most often done by scammers and spammers. You may want to do that for your own reasons. But WTT Forums doesn't want to go there with you. End.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Jkc73

Jkc73

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Malware Removal, Tech Support

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:15 PM

What is Spoofing? :o
Click the above link to read more. ;)

Regards,
Jkc73 :thumbup:

Reason for Edit: Added the following text-> Click the above link to read more.

Edited by Jkc73, 11 December 2010 - 04:31 AM.

~ Jkc73
--------------------

Posted Image
Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.
How to Prevent Malware: by ©miekiemoes
"I do most of my reading when writing".

Enjoy life, before it enjoys you!

Due to real life commitments, I may be unable to respond!

#4 asim2010

asim2010

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:59 AM

Email spoofing is the forgery of an email header so that the message appears to have originated from someone or somewhere other than the actual source.

#5 JohnRocks

JohnRocks

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:12 AM

E-mail spoofing is sending an e-mail to another person so that it appears that the e-mail was sent by someone else. It is becoming so common that you can no longer take for granted that the e-mail you are receiving is truly from the person identified as the sender.

#6 Jkc73

Jkc73

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Malware Removal, Tech Support

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:39 AM

Spoofing is a technique commonly used by spammers and scammers using phishing to hide the real origin of an email message. By changing certain properties of the email, such as the "From", "Return-Path" and "Reply-To" fields (which are found in the message header), these criminals can make the email appear to be from someone other than the actual sender.

~ Jkc73
--------------------

Posted Image
Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.
How to Prevent Malware: by ©miekiemoes
"I do most of my reading when writing".

Enjoy life, before it enjoys you!

Due to real life commitments, I may be unable to respond!