My grandfather has outlook express and has many problems with it in the past. The newest problem is that his email get sent to him over and over again. Say if he has 30 emails and they are already uploaded they are sent again and again and again. We don't understand it at all, if anybody can help us we would be greatful. Thank you!
Hi cornbeef,
Take a look in Outlook - Tools - Accounts - Properties - Advanced
Down at the bottom of that screen is an item Titles "Delivery"
There is an option to "Leave a copy of message on Server"
If this is "checkmarked" then old email remain available for download, again and again.
I sometimes use that item, if I need to download the email at home, and also want to download it at my office.
But when I've downloaded the emails to the locations I require, I "uncheck" that box, so that during my final download of the email, any copies are removed from the server.
I am only 50% confident that this will resolve your Grandfather's situation, but it is an easy fix and therefore worth investigating.
Next, I would contact your Grandfather's ISP for assistance.
Describe the problem and ask for their recommendation.
Other considerations:
There are some Trojans that "generate" outgoing emails, but I am not aware any that provoke multiple downloads of the same legitimate email.
If your Grandfather's machine is, in fact, generating and sending unintended emails to others, then you probably have a Trojan infection and should get yourself over to the HighJackThis Forum here at TomCoyote.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI