Hi!
Hello to everybody,
I used this site many times, after googling for malaware removal.
I found Perfect solution guides many times.
But not today.
I have the following problem:
I removed many infected files from a windows 2000 PC with Malawarebytes´ Anti-Malaware.
Everything is worling fine now, pings go thought and even skype connects with no problems. But no matter what the browsers won´t reach internet!!
DHCP confing is ok, Router connection is ok.
What should I do please!??
Would updating this machine to XP solve the problem?
Would I keep my files in that case?
Thank you very much for your time,
have a beautiful day!
Ezequiel.
Please do not uninstall/install any programs unless asked to
It is more difficult when files/programs are appearing in/disappearing from the logs.
Please do not run any scans other than those requested
Please follow all instructions in the order posted
All logs/reports, etc.. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In notepad click format, uncheck word wrap if it is checked.
Do not attach any logs/reports, etc.. unless specifically requested to do so.
If you have problems with or do not understand the instructions, Please ask before continuing.
Please stay with this thread until given the All Clear. A absence of symptoms does not mean a clean machine.
Would updating this machine to XP solve the problem?
Would I keep my files in that case?
If it's just an upgrade then your personal data will not be removed but the problem will remain. If it's a complete install of XP then a format would be required and unless you backed up your data then it would be lost. The problem would be resolved.
Let's try the easy first.
Make sure these settings are correct.
Open Internet Explorer
at the top click Tools
Click Internet Options
Click Connections tab
Click Lan Settings button
Make sure the box beside "Use a proxy sever for your Lan" is UNchecked
OK your way out.
For FireFox it's
Tools > Options
Click the Advanced button
Click the Network tab
In the connections section click the Settings button
Check mark No Proxy
OK your way out.
Can you connect now?
Please post back for further instructions and we'll see what remains.