This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

System freezes

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just registered with this site so I'm not sure what I'm doing. I run Win XP. I went to PC matic & got this…

http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?c…;report=Summary because my computer freezes too & it drives me nuts.

Can you help? I have NO clue what I'm soing & I don't want to fry my computer.

Thanks,
Jenn

Edit: Split off from Miss Jones thread, forgot to include Lee's response. Have asked mods to fix. Sorry Jenn. Also fixed link to PCPitStop.
ok first thing i'd do is to give your pc a good clean out to get rid of any dust that might be in there, here's a guide on the safe way to do this:- http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=103649
i'd recommend reading it all before starting.

next i'd follow this guide, especially the part about reducing your system restore points, :- http://www.malwareremoval.com/tutorials/runningslowly.php#8.

lets see if doing those things first fixes your problem.

:popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI