Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Computer Freezes After Rebooting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 matters69

matters69

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 01:07 PM

Hi all Just wondering if any one out there has any idea why my xp freezes when ever anything is changed in any registry. Ive tried to track the problem but i cant find it. It appears to have started after some trojans and spyware where found and killed. but undo ing adawares cleanup doesnt change a thing. I have norton tools and it cant fix it or even find the problem. Does any one have any idea or even a link to some one who could help. I appreciate your time. P.S. Good work with the website its help a lot of people that i send on to you's

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 wawadave

wawadave

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 05:54 PM

hello
you could try going to start,run, type sfc /scannow
and incert your xp cd when asked.
this will repair and corupted or missing system or windows files.

#3 matters69

matters69

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:29 PM

ok tried running that sfc /scannow command. It ran on auto with the cd in and did not come up with any screen that told me of any change so i had a peek at the event log and found no changes. I them proceeded to reboot and install a program(was going to be my clone DVD as it registers and installs a dvd driver) but my system frooze after the ususal 20-30 secs after the log on screen. I realy appreciate your time to reply but it didnt work. I found something as i was in the security log that occured 6 seconds before the freeze. I got a FAILED SECURITY AUDIT EVENT No 615. Failure to secure a complete list of network interfaces on this machine... This board has 2 x high speed lan and internal fax/modem card Peter

#4 wawadave

wawadave

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:52 PM

the sfc is a thing i try when nothing can be pinned down.it works wonders some times. but like now not allways. have you tried system restore to point before you tried to install that software? allso any problems showing in device manager?

Edited by wawadave, 26 June 2004 - 10:54 PM.

#5 matters69

matters69

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 12:53 AM

The restore points were trashed when peper and cool were removed and even undoing could not restore the points There are errors in my event logs and failed security audits just before the reboots that freeze. Its weird only after installing anything does it freeze after rebooting but if you turn it off for more than 5-10 seconds then it will start properly just 10% slow. If you then shutdown and wait and restart she is fine. Its one of those i want to find cause reformatting and installing everything is just to easy. here is a sample of my event log younotice that the log stops then win Xp SP1&2(2 is BETA) stsrts then log starts then last two events reoccur because sys has frozen and i have pushed reset button as CTRL ALT DEL will do nothing but make fingers sore. 27/06/2004 12:03:19 AM Service Control Manager Information None 7035 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM TINA The Terminal Services service was successfully sent a start control. 27/06/2004 12:01:33 AM EventLog Information None 6005 N/A TINA The Event log service was started. 27/06/2004 12:01:33 AM EventLog Information None 6009 N/A TINA Microsoft ® Windows ® 5.01. 2600 Service Pack 1 Uniprocessor Free. 26/06/2004 11:58:49 PM EventLog Information None 6005 N/A TINA The Event log service was started. 26/06/2004 11:58:49 PM EventLog Information None 6009 N/A TINA Microsoft ® Windows ® 5.01. 2600 Service Pack 1 Uniprocessor Free. 26/06/2004 11:57:58 PM EventLog Information None 6006 N/A TINA The Event log service was stopped. the security audit failure is about finding all network interfaces. then 2 secs later is a successful audit and the next reboot will crash Peter