rupok
Topic Starter
I have had this problem for some time. At some random times my 4 gigs of memory jumps to 98 percent. I used task manager, processor explorer and still cannot find the culprit. I enabled viewing for the extra memory items such as virtual file, peak memory usage, commit size and still nothing. So I reinstalled windows and at first it worked fine but now I have the same problem. It doesn't have to be a certain program but my memory jumps to 98 percent randomly and then after a few minutes it goes down, while its using high memory my pc starts lagging quite a bit. Please help me with this. I have seen people on google with similar problems but cannot find answers. I don't know if its a certain program i use or malware but I will try to give any info I can and the steps I have taken to try and find the problem.
Some links:
http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-mai…mory-usage.html
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&expIds=17…7ae9a51580d5236
System specs: Windows 7 64 bit Home premium
4gb ddr3 ram
core i5 2.66ghz
NVIDIA gts 250 1gb
Application list:
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX Adobe Systems Incorporated 10/29/2010 6.00 MB 10.1.85.3
Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin Adobe Systems Incorporated 10/29/2010 6.00 MB 10.1.85.3
Adobe Reader 9.4.0 Adobe Systems Incorporated 10/29/2010 212 MB 9.4.0
AIM 7 10/30/2010
Bing Bar Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 6.3.2354.0
CCleaner Piriform 10/29/2010 3.00
Counter-Strike: Source Valve 10/31/2010
Dropbox 10/31/2010 0.7.110
FileHippo.com Update Checker 10/29/2010
Google Chrome Google Inc. 10/29/2010 7.0.517.41
Google Chrome Backup 1.8.0.141 10/29/2010
HiJackThis Trend Micro 11/1/2010 0.36 MB 1.0.0
IHA_MessageCenter Verizon 10/29/2010 2.45 MB 1.1.0
Java™ 6 Update 22 Oracle 10/29/2010 97.1 MB 6.0.220
KeePass Password Safe 2.13 Dominik Reichl 10/29/2010 5.23 MB
Left 4 Dead 2 Valve 10/30/2010
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 38.8 MB 4.0.30319
Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 7.86 MB 3.3.24.0
Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 32.4 MB 3.2.3.0
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 Microsoft Corporation 10/30/2010 12.0.6425.1000
Microsoft Security Essentials Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 1.0.2498.0
Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft Corporation 10/30/2010 54.5 MB 4.0.50917.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU] Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 1.70 MB 3.1.0000
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 ATL Update kb973924 - x86 9.0.30729.4148 Microsoft Corporation 10/30/2010 0.20 MB 9.0.30729.4148
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 0.58 MB 9.0.30729
Mozilla Firefox (3.6.12) Mozilla 10/29/2010 3.6.12 (en-US)
Mozilla Thunderbird (3.1.6) Mozilla 10/29/2010 3.1.6 (en-US)
NVIDIA Display Control Panel NVIDIA Corporation 10/29/2010 6.14.12.5896
NVIDIA Drivers NVIDIA Corporation 10/29/2010 63.0 MB 1.10.62.40
Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver For Windows 7 Realtek 10/28/2010 7.18.322.2010
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 10/28/2010 6.0.1.6167
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 LucasArts 10/29/2010 1.0
Steam Valve Corporation 10/29/2010 1.49 MB 1.0.0.0
VLC media player 1.1.4 VideoLAN 10/29/2010 1.1.4
Win7codecs Shark007 10/29/2010 57.8 MB 2.6.6
Windows Live Essentials Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 15.4.3502.0922
WinRAR archiver 10/29/2010
Steps taken and analysis:
I thought it was uttorent at first because sometimes when I torrenting the memory problem would happen but it happens even when utorrent is not active. I have home sharing (Homegroup) on but I don't know if that is the problem as someone has said in the linked articles. There were some times when I started windows media player this problem would happen. As i said before I check task manager and process explorer and i couldn't find anything using that much memory. I did a memory diagnostics and found nothing wrong. This problem was occurring in my last install of windows but after I reinstalled it went away for awhile. Something changed in the last couple of days ( i reinstalled windows maybe a week ago) that started this problem again. If you need more information please tell me. Thank you!
Update: I was able to reproduce the problem by downloading a torrent on uttorent but uttorent is not the one at fault because it happens when uttorent is not even on sometimes.
The pictures are attached below
http://imagebin.ca/img/b9fY0NIl.png
http://imagebin.ca/img/H5mk0l.png
http://imagebin.ca/img/OxmWXpK.png
http://imagebin.ca/img/fDpd3x.png
HJT_for_Rupok.txt
Some links:
http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-mai…mory-usage.html
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&expIds=17…7ae9a51580d5236
System specs: Windows 7 64 bit Home premium
4gb ddr3 ram
core i5 2.66ghz
NVIDIA gts 250 1gb
Application list:
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX Adobe Systems Incorporated 10/29/2010 6.00 MB 10.1.85.3
Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin Adobe Systems Incorporated 10/29/2010 6.00 MB 10.1.85.3
Adobe Reader 9.4.0 Adobe Systems Incorporated 10/29/2010 212 MB 9.4.0
AIM 7 10/30/2010
Bing Bar Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 6.3.2354.0
CCleaner Piriform 10/29/2010 3.00
Counter-Strike: Source Valve 10/31/2010
Dropbox 10/31/2010 0.7.110
FileHippo.com Update Checker 10/29/2010
Google Chrome Google Inc. 10/29/2010 7.0.517.41
Google Chrome Backup 1.8.0.141 10/29/2010
HiJackThis Trend Micro 11/1/2010 0.36 MB 1.0.0
IHA_MessageCenter Verizon 10/29/2010 2.45 MB 1.1.0
Java™ 6 Update 22 Oracle 10/29/2010 97.1 MB 6.0.220
KeePass Password Safe 2.13 Dominik Reichl 10/29/2010 5.23 MB
Left 4 Dead 2 Valve 10/30/2010
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 38.8 MB 4.0.30319
Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 7.86 MB 3.3.24.0
Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 32.4 MB 3.2.3.0
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 Microsoft Corporation 10/30/2010 12.0.6425.1000
Microsoft Security Essentials Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 1.0.2498.0
Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft Corporation 10/30/2010 54.5 MB 4.0.50917.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU] Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 1.70 MB 3.1.0000
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 ATL Update kb973924 - x86 9.0.30729.4148 Microsoft Corporation 10/30/2010 0.20 MB 9.0.30729.4148
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 0.58 MB 9.0.30729
Mozilla Firefox (3.6.12) Mozilla 10/29/2010 3.6.12 (en-US)
Mozilla Thunderbird (3.1.6) Mozilla 10/29/2010 3.1.6 (en-US)
NVIDIA Display Control Panel NVIDIA Corporation 10/29/2010 6.14.12.5896
NVIDIA Drivers NVIDIA Corporation 10/29/2010 63.0 MB 1.10.62.40
Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver For Windows 7 Realtek 10/28/2010 7.18.322.2010
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 10/28/2010 6.0.1.6167
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 LucasArts 10/29/2010 1.0
Steam Valve Corporation 10/29/2010 1.49 MB 1.0.0.0
VLC media player 1.1.4 VideoLAN 10/29/2010 1.1.4
Win7codecs Shark007 10/29/2010 57.8 MB 2.6.6
Windows Live Essentials Microsoft Corporation 10/29/2010 15.4.3502.0922
WinRAR archiver 10/29/2010
Steps taken and analysis:
I thought it was uttorent at first because sometimes when I torrenting the memory problem would happen but it happens even when utorrent is not active. I have home sharing (Homegroup) on but I don't know if that is the problem as someone has said in the linked articles. There were some times when I started windows media player this problem would happen. As i said before I check task manager and process explorer and i couldn't find anything using that much memory. I did a memory diagnostics and found nothing wrong. This problem was occurring in my last install of windows but after I reinstalled it went away for awhile. Something changed in the last couple of days ( i reinstalled windows maybe a week ago) that started this problem again. If you need more information please tell me. Thank you!
Update: I was able to reproduce the problem by downloading a torrent on uttorent but uttorent is not the one at fault because it happens when uttorent is not even on sometimes.
The pictures are attached below
http://imagebin.ca/img/b9fY0NIl.png
http://imagebin.ca/img/H5mk0l.png
http://imagebin.ca/img/OxmWXpK.png
http://imagebin.ca/img/fDpd3x.png
HJT_for_Rupok.txt