This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

"Windows Installer" pop up appears chronically

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

"Windows Installer" pop up appears frequently without reason. Says "preparing to install …" while nothing is installing. I can cancel, but sometimes it slows down other processes. This seems to have started after I upgraded from Office 2003 to 2010. When opening a Word document I need to cancel "Windows Installer" pop up, then cancel "Office 2010" start up, and reclick document, which will then open.

I thought this might be a malware issue and sought help on the Safer-Networking forum. Some issues were solved in that forum, but I was then referred here for assistance with this issue. Following is a link to that forum thread:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=59953

Thank you for any assistance.
They're all in the root of your C:/ drive.

On your desktop - click on My Computer icon
Then double click on your C:/ drive

The next window that opens should show you everything in the root of the C:/ drive. You should be able to identify those files and then right click on them and select delete.

Be Careful… Don't delete other files.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI