This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Windows Installer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, Not sure if I have a spyware I can't find or what. Windows Installer flashes randomly on my computer. It does it every time I open Outlook Express and every time I boot my computer as well as other random times. I cannot seem to find the reason for this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Here is my last Malware bytes log from a quick scan. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41 Database version: 3000 Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 10/20/2009 3:45:35 PM mbam-log-2009-10-20 (15-45-35).txt Scan type: Quick Scan Objects scanned: 99240 Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 40 second(s) Memory Processes Infected: 0 Memory Modules Infected: 0 Registry Keys Infected: 0 Registry Values Infected: 1 Registry Data Items Infected: 0 Folders Infected: 0 Files Infected: 1 Memory Processes Infected: (No malicious items detected) Memory Modules Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Keys Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Values Infected: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\windows udp control center (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. Registry Data Items Infected: (No malicious items detected) Folders Infected: (No malicious items detected) Files Infected: D:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Take a read through this and then start a fresh thread in this forum and post accordingly. Please don't forget to include a brief description of your problem, and somebody will be along as soon as.
Helpers look for posts with zero replies which is why you need to start afresh and why i'll lock this one.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI